CRS Content Team
What is the ‘Move Budget Items’ screen?
The Move Budget Items screen gives a high level of transparency to your business. This is because it allows you to see past and future budget items alongside actual transactions, in one view. This helps you to make informed decisions and see the bigger picture.
We've created a couple of scenarios that you can use in the Sample Dairy database to see how easy it is to update your budget. Click here to find out more.
1. Past (Budget): These items sit behind the actual side of your revised Cashflow. They can be edited in the fields below Future (Budget).
2. Actual: Displays actual transactions. To edit these items, you need to go to the Transaction screen.
3. Future (Budget): Indicates budget transactions dated after the revised date. They can be edited in the fields below this box.
4. Totals: This 'view only' area produces two key pieces of information. The actuals to date is added to the future figures to produce a revised total, which can then be quickly compared with your budget total, (past and future) to see if you are still on track.
5. Month: Select the number of months to view.
6. Default future date: Set the default future date for any past transactions being dragged into the future. You can set this to any date in the future.
7. Detail: Edit past or future budget transactions like date, quantity or price.
8. Split: Split one budget transaction, past or future, into multiple entries.
9. Next/Previous: Move from one category or extended code to another.