• Rural Community

How to use autocoding with Scan my Bills

When you import a Scan my Bills document into an existing transaction in your Transactions screen, you may find that the codes have disappeared and you have to code the transaction again.

In this topic, we explain why this happens and how to minimise its occurrence.

Why do the codes disappear from my transaction?

Autocoding recognises text in a transaction and maps it to a category code and extended code that you've selected to automatically code the transaction.

In a bank transaction, there are plenty of options to choose from whether it's the payee, the reference or part/all of the note.

In the example below, we have a bank transaction that has been set to autocode based on information in the note.

0_1497148508940_0c43fcf7-8d9f-4f3e-adc3-c34b5571f3fe-image.png

However, when a Scan my Bills document is imported into a bank transaction, the text that is searched in the document is the supplier (Other Party) and invoice number (Reference).

If this information isn't in the autocoding list, the code details in the transaction are removed as below.

0_1497219310497_99242958-618a-43af-a934-33b2d14cb71c-image.png

What should I do to autocode a document?

The Other Party needs to match exactly to the supplier on the document. For example, if you set the autocode criteria to HirePalace, it won't work. It needs to be Hire (space) Palace.

We recommend you set up the autocode while you're editing the transaction. That way, you can see exactly how the supplier appears in the Other Party field.

While you're in a transaction you can setup the autocode from the lightning bolt symbol 0_1497149949467_05b9fa83-6f1f-41ab-a01b-37dfd321ebda-image.png at the bottom of the transaction screen.

Want to know more?

How to create a transaction using a Scan my Bills document
    How to import a Scan my Bills document into an existing bank transaction
    How to use Scan my Bills and the Direct Credit Export tool

• Comments

Looks like your connection to CRS Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.