Get topic updates

• Rural Community

How to use Scan my Bills with the Direct Credit Export tool

If you use the Direct Credit export tool you will already manually create purchase (expense) transactions in your database.

Scan my Bills is the ideal solution for your office processes as it can speed up your data entry and ensure the accuracy of the information that is captured.

How to create a transaction

Open the transaction screen.

1. Click on the Bills button at the top of the screen or if there are bills available, the Scan my Bills box will automatically appear.

2. Select the document you want to import into your database.

3. Click on either Add Single-Line or Add Multi-Line.

REMEMBER: If there is more than one invoice line in the document, you can select from either option. It depends on whether you want to show each line or combine them into a single line transaction.

0_1500864967141_24fe1adb-0ebd-4b44-b18a-7915fa9938e8-image.png

Document information automatically appears in the transaction such as the total amount due (Amount), the invoice number (Reference), the supplier (Other Party) and notes.

If you are Invoice basis for GST, the Invoice date on the document automatically appears in the Invoice date field.

You will need to code the transaction. Click here to find out how to autocode transactions with Scan my Bills.

1. Enter the Other Party code that corresponds to the supplier.

2. Set the Direct Credit status to Pay.

3. Click OK to save the transaction.

You can view the document at any time by clicking on the View Document button at the bottom of the transaction.

0_1500869649090_84b0cbde-d7a9-4fbb-a760-32e1b156eae5-image.png

Want to know more?

How to create a transaction using a Scan my Bills document
    How to import a Scan my Bills document into an existing bank transaction

• Comments

Looks like your connection to CRS Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.