• Rural Community

How does the Scan my Bills screen work?

The Scan my Bills button is located in the toolbar along the top of the Transaction screen.

0_1500863204875_a8c41daf-68fc-4d67-b6d0-0dff1a3155a1-image.png

If there are no documents to import, the following screen will appear when you click on the Bills button.

0_1496981330208_2f8f671a-a1d8-4f0b-a8d2-90d56084cd12-image.png

If there are documents ready to import into your database, the Scan my Bills - Documents box will automatically appear when you enter the Transaction screen.

Overview of the Scan my Bills - Documents box

The Documents box is divided into two areas; Workflow and Functions.

WORKFLOW

0_1500863343560_8d73bbbf-5fe1-4e47-89f0-813908c5359a-image.png

There are three document sections which indicate what part of the process each document is sitting in.

• Documents to code
      Documents in this section have a supplier name and the invoice line amounts balance to the total amount due.
      You can import them into the Transaction screen as either a new transaction or into a transaction that already exists in the Transaction screen.

• Documents to correct
      Depending on the invoice information that has been picked up from the document i.e. supplier name, Scan my Bills will determine if a transaction can be created.

If the service can't pick up a supplier name and/or gross total amount, you need to review the document in the Xtracta web browser to add the missing fields.

Scan my Bills needs to recognise specific pieces of information within a document before it can be brought to the Transaction screen.

Column Explanation
    Invoice No can also be a reference number
    Supplier supplier of goods or services
    Amount the total amount due on the invoice
    Inv. Lines the number of lines recorded in the invoice (automatically displayed)

FUNCTIONS

• Bank Account
      If you record more than one bank account in your database, you can select the bank account number the transaction will be allocated to when it is created.

• View scanning errors
      If an email has been sent with no attachments or with an invalid file type, you can click View scanning errors to delete them.
      If the button is greyed out, there are no errors.

• Import
      If a document contains multiple invoice lines it can be brought to the Transaction screen as a single-line transaction.
      When a document has one invoice line, only the 'As 1 line' option is available.

• Lines
      Indicates how many lines are in the document.

• Source
      You can open a copy of the document in Xtracta to make any final changes before you import the document into the Transaction screen.

• Close
      Exits out of the Scan my Bills box.

Want more info?

How to correct a document in Scan my Bills
    How to create a transaction using a Scan my Bills document
    How to import a Scan my Bills document into an existing bank transaction
    How to use Scan my Bills and the Direct Credit Export tool
    How to use autocoding with Scan my Bills

• Comments

Looks like your connection to CRS Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.